More than just a pit stop destination en route to Mildura, St Arnaud is well worth lingering in a little while. Pull up a stool at one of the lively historic pubs, then work off your country pub meal with a wander through town.
Take a stroll through the manicured gardens of Pioneer Park and the Queen Mary Gardens, and admire the town's cast-iron lace work verandas. Spot native wildlife and vibrant spring wildflowers, and venture down to the Teddington Reservoir to camp out or fish in the nearby lakes and rivers.
- Start your Silo Art Trail adventure in St Arnaud
- Pull up a stool at a local pub or farmgate and enjoy a delicious meal and a beer or local wine
- Visit the Old Convent, the Pebble Church (yup, made out of pebbles) and the Old Post Office Apartments
- Drive on out to St Arnaud National Park and follow the four-wheel drive tracks or walking trails.
- If you're in town in November, celebrate the town's history with the locals at the annual St Arnaud Festival. Local businesses and sporting club build and run their own floats.