Stop to smell the wildflowers at Pomonal, a picturesque village set against the dramatic backdrop of the Grampians (Gariwerd) National Park and only a short 10 minute drive from Halls Gap. Famous for its native flowers and orchids, the area’s rolling green hills make a gorgeous backdrop to nature walks, vineyards visits and farm gate expeditions.
- Got a green thumb? Come in spring when the wildflowers are in bloom and check the date to make sure you’re there for the Pomonal Native Flower Show.
- Explore the Grampians (Gariwerd) National Park from the east (or from Pomonal) by taking the Tunnel walking track over the Mt William (Duwil) Range where you will be rewarded with views across Serra Range. On the descent, stop by the historic water tunnel that goes through the Mt William Range to supply water from Fyans Creek (Barri yalug) to Pomonal and Stawell.
- Water sport enthusiasts and anglers alike will delight in all that nearby Lake Fyans has to offer. Visitors to the region can enjoy a relaxing swim, water skiing, jet skiing, sailing, or a spot of fishing. Even better, stay right on the water's edge at Lake Fyans Holiday Park
- Take the short drive out of Pomonal to get to Halls Gap Zoo. Pack a picnic for lunch and see native wildlife including wombats, emus, dingoes and possums in a native bushland setting.
- Stop by farm gates to fill up the boot with local produce and wares. Call in for a wine, beer or cider at Pomonal Estate, you can even stay the night on-site at their beautifully appointed Mt Cassel Villa. Stock up on all things “olive”, including award-winning olive oil, table olives and olive salt, at Red Rock Olives and then drop into Five Ducks Farm for some homemade ice-cream and delicious preserves.
- This picturesque location could even be the perfect venue for the wedding of a lifetime. Wirrenada Farm offers exclusive use for wedding ceremonies up to 120 all against the backdrop of the Grampians (Gariwerd) National Park.