If you’ve not yet brought your ‘van to the Grampians what are you waiting for? Our region is spoilt for choice when it comes to holiday parks and caravan resorts, and you can even go bush on the Grampians Peak Trail. Plan your trip using this Caravan the Grampians Way guide, get on the road and go!
Whether you like to shack up in a caravan, tent or cabin, we highly recommend Halls Gap Lakeside Tourist Park for family-friendly accommodation and a welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy watching kangaroos and cockatoos in their natural habitat, the backdrop of the Grampians National Park, an outdoor wood-fire heated pool and access to Lake Bellfield, perfect for kayaking and fishing.
Also high on the list for family road trip accommodation is Big4 NRMA Halls Gap Holiday Park. An easy three hours’ drive from Melbourne, it’s only moments away from serene waterfalls, bushwalking tracks and Halls Gap town centre where there’s heaps for the family to enjoy.
The Grampians Way self-driving tour circumnavigates the Grampians (Gariwerd) National Park and takes in some of the charming towns, local producers, ancient Aboriginal rock art sites and panoramic lookouts the Grampians is renowned for. This is a great, well-rounded road trip, stacked with eye-widening wonders and devoid of long stretches of driving - about four hours of cumulative driving.
We’ve curated road trip itineraries for every taste. Maybe you’re after foodie indulgence, some easy walks with the kids, big adventure or cultural education? Choose your own adventure!
· At Halls Gap Zoo you can have close encounters with a number of cute and cuddly creatures.
· Visit Silverband Falls to watch the clear, fresh waterfall fast down the mountainside into the creek below.
· The iconic and spectacular MacKenzie Falls is a must-do for all Grampians visitors.
· Lake Fyans is the perfect spot to relax, swim and play on the soft sandy beach.
· An easy stroll from the centre of Halls Gap, Venus Baths is the perfect place to splash around.
· Take a ride on the wild side with Grampians Horse Riding Centre.
· Boroka Lookout provides panoramic views over Halls Gap and the Grampians’ east.
· Reeds Lookout & The Balconies: Stunning views from the carpark and an easy stroll to unique rock formations.
· Grab a famous Coolas Icecream cone.
· The Grampians is bursting with adventure activities for all ages and Absolute Outdoors will be your guides.